MetaMask is one of the leading noncustodial cryptocurrency wallets. It can be used as a secure and easy way to access blockchain applications and Web3 services. With a MetaMask wallet, you can quickly and easily fund your balance on an exchange.
How to create a MetaMask wallet?
MetaMask web wallet extension is available for Chrome, Firefox, Brave, Edge and Opera browsers. We'll try to create a personal wallet in the Chrome browser.
- To get started, go to the MetaMask website, click “Download for Chrome” and install the appropriate extension.
To do this, click on “Add to Chrome”, then “Install extension” and wait for the extension to install. After that, read the rules of the service and if there are no objections, agree with them. Choose one of the two options: create a new wallet or import an existing one.
- To create a new wallet, click “Create a new wallet”. Then give consent to send MetaMask your anonymous data to improve the service. This is optional.
- After that, you need to set a secure password and remember it well.
- MetaMask recommends an additional option Secret Recovery Phrase for additional account protection. It is better to use this protection. It can be done immediately or later.
Congratulations, the wallet has been created!
How to top up your WhiteBIT account balance from MetaMask wallet?
To top up your balance on the exchange with MetaMask wallet, follow these steps:
- Log in to your WhiteBIT account or, if you’re new to the exchange, register.
- Click on “Deposit” in the top right corner. Select a cryptocurrency, such as WBT and the “Web3 Wallet” top-up method. Select the MetaMask wallet and the network, in our case “WHITECHAIN” and click “Connect MetaMask”.
Please note: You also have to log in to your MetaMask account. The available amount of cryptocurrency for top-up will be displayed in the deposit window on the exchange.
- Specify the desired top-up amount within the available amount and click “Continue”.
- The MetaMask extension window will open with a notification. Click “Confirm” to confirm the transfer.
Done! The funds will be credited after the transaction is confirmed on the blockchain. You can check the status of your deposit on the “History - Deposits” page.
In case of any questions related to cryptocurrency depositing using MetaMask, you can: